Frostgrave Table Build Pt 6 - Stonework and Dirt



 Time to start dry brushing all the stone work on the table. Since I wanted more of a dark color scheme, this was actually really simple. I mixed up some dark grey and just started going nuts with the dry brush all over all the stone. I took some bronze metallic craft paint and dry brushed all the shiny wall bits - they really started to POP! Finally - I threw a thick coat of brown paint on the most elevated platforms - I'm imagining these as dirt patches that'll eventually have large ruined buildings on them to give a 'wealthy person home on the hill' type vibe to those spots. Dry brushed a lighter brown tone on the top to add some depth to those areas, and hit the dirt that's scattered across the table too - especially where I used sand to fill in the cracks where the foam meets the 3D printed walls. I think that's a neat technique to make it look like filth has built up around the city - but really - I used it to hide any gaps I had where the two materials met. 


Comments