Frostgrave Table Build Pt 8 - Epoxy Pour

 Finally, it's time to pour the epoxy. I really think this sets the whole table off, the epoxy water effect just takes everything to a new level. 




This was certainly the most stressful part of this entire build. I had this worked up in my mind - it could ruin months worth of prep and work! Luckily for me, just following the directions on the box - I think it worked out really well. I added just a dash of brown acrylic paint to the epoxy towards the end of the 'mix it up' phase, so there were some nice brown swirls and twirls as I poured the epoxy. It may not come through on the pictures very well, but on close inspection there are some nice discoloration details in the epoxy that I'm really happy with! There are a few low spots underneath the bridges but I didn't feel like it was worth another pour to correct them - we'll chock it up to sludgy and stale canal water. (And I REALLLY don't think any of my club will complain about it playing on the table!)  A few of these pictures you can see the unpainted test model from the Hexengarde Kickstarter campaign - I plan to fill this entire table to the brim with those models - I think the vibe just works so well. I can probably do a solid mixture of ruined buildings and in-tact buildings and get a really great looking (and hopefully very playable!) table out of it. 

As of today - there are still 8 days left on the Hexengarde campaign - you can check it out here!

Pictures of the final base table below! (I'll certainly be adding more pictures as the ruins/buildings are printed painted, but this is the base we're working with!)



























Comments