Frostgrave Table Build Pt 4 - Continuous Printing!



 At this point – I had enough walls to start mapping out the upper layers. You can see from the pictures, I didn’t really plan much, just started building wall pieces and cut the foam elevations to fit accordingly. You can see I finished printing the broken bridge portions and slapped them together. I also ordered some cobblestone textured paper and glued it down at this stage. I got 1:24 scale for the paper – and knowing what I know now – I would have opted for a lower scale for the stones to be bigger and have less visible pattern. But – the show must go on, so I rolled with it hoping that as more was added to the table it wouldn’t be as jarring. I threw on a quick spray of clear coat to harden up the paper, and I think it worked really well. I started to use some wall spackling to coat the sides of the foam and to create the caved in portions of the board here too. FYI – clumps of spackling take way longer to dry than you anticipate. I was poking at wet spackling for ages!






Comments