Frostgrave Tips'N'Tricks - Exp Counters

Not everything has to be pen and paper. Not everything even has to be logical. I had a problem with keeping track of the experience my warband was accruing during games - I would FREQUENTLY forget to jot down those 10EXP points for a successful spell. So instead of learning from my mistake and paying more attention - here's the totally over-engineered solution I came up with! Essentially, these are exp tokens and a cool little treasure chest that I can give to each player. During the game, when you successfully (or miserably fail) a cast - just grab a token and drop it in your treasure chest. (Or when you finally nail that wandering monster that's been all over the board!). I printed a handful of 5 and 10 Exp tokens (Good enough for 2nd Edition Frostgrave - I didn't feel the need to keep track of treasures and other 'end game' experience sources, as I've already got physical reminders of those!)


I told you - it's completely unnecessary - but I think it's awesome and I love it. Who doesn't want more tabletop gaming accessories. If you've got a 3d printer - I'll link the free printables files I used below.  If you don't have access to a 3d printer, I think you could get the same results by using anything you have around the house. Pocket change maybe? Dimes are 10 exp, nickels are 5 exp. (USD currency, It'd be rad for you to enlighten me on the different currencies you'd personally use for this).


I'll probably add a painted picture to this post after I get it painted and looking all cool.


3d Print Enthusiasts - here are the files I used :

Treasure Chest

Tokens




Comments